Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Why Us?


I love going for walks with Dad. I do. I really do. I get the part that I have to wear a muzzle because people just don't understand that I'm so dang lovable...I DON'T get why these things have to be so uncomfortable! My mom took my measurements (she's awesome!) and hunted in every pet store in town to find something that both fit me and allowed me to breathe better in the hot weather and get a drink whenever I needed one. Hunh. No such luck. Why is it they make laws that I have to wear one of these contraptions yet they don't make them comfy or glamourous? I know I'm a handsome dude (my people tell me every day...even my grandma thinks I'm beautiful!), but you sure can't tell with this thing strapped to my head. Just because it's a sunny, yellow colour and has a little 'monkey' charm on it doesn't mean it's flattering. I'm sad that I have to wear this when I go out (I DO appreciate Dad for looking after me, walking me and letting me explore the world!). I think the people who made these things would be sad if I made them go for walks with their mouths closed. I wonder if they've ever wondered what it would be like to have to breathe through only your nose or take a drink? ... I don't think they have.

5 comments:

Andrea (Brodan superfan) ;) said...

SO true Brod...its just not fair is it! Instead of everyone seeing that gorgeous face and famous smile of yours and being able to drink and pant on long summer walks with your dad, you have to strap that silly thing on and look like hannibal lector.

Grandma said...

It's beyond unfair, Brodan - it's somewhere between VERY mean and CRUEL. It's the little yappy dogs that are apt to bite - all you do is kiss!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

That just bites the big one Brodan. Mom's mad! Stupid peeps! Sorry they have laws like that where you live. We don't have them here thank dogness! I wonder if one of the etzy stores that make collars could make one that's more comfortable and let's you breath through your mouth too? I'll check into it and get back to you if I find one.

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Anonymous said...

Here are some stores you might check out...

http://www.morrco.com/dogmuzzles1.html

and I can't seem to find the etsy shop but that's where Bunny (the greyhound) gets her custom collars from. Here's their blog address. I bet if you leave a comment asking them what the address of the shop is, they'd be more than happy to share that with you.
http://talesandtails.com/

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Mom said...

Thanks, Roo! You're the best pal a pooch could have! I'm going to get my peeps to look into it for me...I just know they'd do anything for me!!!